List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [despammed] Re: autorun?!
From:       André Somers <a.t.somers () student ! utwente ! nl>
Date:       2003-08-24 16:34:00

>Personally I hate the dialog pop-up syndrome --- Especially from
> applications that do not have focus. E.g., while writing some algorithm
> KMail pops up an dialog stating that my mail server has disconnected. Quite
> annoying. Dialogs should only grab focus when they are a direct consequence
> of a user action, e.g. Setting->Preferences yields a preference dialog,
> which should grab focus.
I agree. Maybe a passive popup could be a good option? They don't steal focus
of your work, but they do allow for information to be displayed and even for
buttons and stuff like that. You can also look at how Kopete solved this.

André
--
My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.
-- Ashleigh Brilliant