List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: autorun?!
From:       Kévin Ottens <ervin () tuxfamily ! org>
Date:       2003-08-24 16:08:09

Le Vendredi 22 Août 2003 06:21, David Johnson a écrit :
> Here's a compromise between the Windows we-know-what-you-want and the
> UNIX the-user-is-in-charge worlds: when some new media is detected,
> merely place some icons on the desktop or panel. Then the user can
> click an icon if they want to access it. For example, inserting an
> audio CD with a data track could put up icons for kscd, audiocd:, and a
> data folder.

Maybe there should be more integration beetween kdeautorun and mountwatcher
then. In my opinion, it will be perfect if "devices:/" would be automagically
updated when you insert a cdrom/dvd.

What you describe can be done in it. Then it will be available on the desktop
or in an applet easily since the code already exists.

I think that "devices:/" is the way to go. It's the best compromise, and for
those who want to popup something on insertion thay only have to monitor
"devices:/" with a KDirLister.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.tuxfamily.org