List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Screen lock
From:       Greg <kamago () free ! fr>
Date:       2003-08-21 18:57:04

Hi there,

I'm looking for a simple way to lock KDE in a small app, so I read many,
many code and docs, but I can't find the doc for a function :
qt_xscreen(). It's used in the code below, from the file
kicker/applets/lockout/lockout.cpp in the Deb source package :

void Lockout::lock()
{
    QCString appname( "kdesktop" );
    int kicker_screen_number = qt_xscreen();
    if ( kicker_screen_number )
        appname.sprintf("kdesktop-screen-%d", kicker_screen_number);
    kapp->dcopClient()->send(appname, "KScreensaverIface", "lock()","");
}

I found in the <qwindowdefs.h> header from Qt that this functions sends
an int, but I can't understand what is it corresponding to, what it is
used for, etc.

And now, another little question : if my app isn't derived from
KPanelApplet, can I use the kapp->dcopClient()->send() function ? For
this, I can test, but a little help is always good :)

Thanks,
Greg

P.S. : sorry for my English, it's not my natural language, but I'm
working on it :)