List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: autorun?!
From:       matthias-wieser () t-online ! de (Matthias Wieser)
Date:       2003-08-20 22:51:30

Simon Perreault wrote:

> How about the Windows XP solution:
>
> 1) Detect the type of the CD (music, data, DVD, etc)
> 2) Give choices to the user (play the music, rip it, etc.) based on the
> type of the CD.
> [...]

Do it if you want. It may be a nice feature for some people.

> 5) Have a global checkbox in KControl where the user can disable
> autorun altogether.

But please don't make it default. I hope you don't want hundreds of
thousand people figure out how to disable it entirely only because some
LinuxXP users are not able to do two(!) clicks to start their game.setup
program.

So 5) should be:

5) Have a global checkbox in KControl where the user can _enable_
 autorun.

   Matthias