List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KHexEdit widget in CVS...
From:       "Friedrich W. H.  Kossebau" <Friedrich.W.H () Kossebau ! de>
Date:       2003-08-19 15:55:11

Am Samstag, 16. August 2003 03:12 schrieb George Staikos:
> On Friday 15 August 2003 18:33, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just imported the actual snapshot of my long proposed hexedit widget
> > into KDE CVS. I put it into kdenonbeta for now, so I can learn CVS
> > without affecting kdelibs and offer everyone to test the widget and to
> > give me feedback before it might be integrated into kdelibs :)
> >
> > So everyone interested, please have a look at it. -> kdenonbeta/khexedit2
> > Alpha state, but already useful.
>
>    This is exactly what I need for kwalletmanager!  (the kpart)  I would
> like to try it this fall.

Fine :) What exactly do you need? ;) I mean, please define "This" and "fall".

> > PS: Why do I get "move away kdenonbeta/khexedit2/src/somefile; it is in
> > the way" for all files when I do an update??? What did I wrong?
>
>   Because when you import, you have to check it out still.  It's different
> than adding.

I see. Thanks. Reading man:/usr/share/man/man1/cvs.1.gz I hope to have gotten
the difference now. So I either operate via "import" or the individual
commands ("add", "update", "commit" etc.), right? With "import" I wouldn't
even need to have the "kdenonbeta" dir above the main dir of my project,
right? Can I safely remove all the CVS dirs then (I suppose they were created
by my failed trial to do an update)?

Perhaps I should do some experiments locally :)

Friedrich