List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE integration of OpenOffice
From:       Jan Holesovsky <kendy () artax ! karlin ! mff ! cuni ! cz>
Date:       2003-08-19 14:33:51

Hi!

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, Willi Richert wrote:

> is there some development/discussion ongoing integration OO via dcop? I think
> it would be very powerful to script OO with any modern scripting language.

Please, could you be more verbose, what exactly do you need?
OOo uses its own component architecture called UNO. The OOo Developer's
Guide talks about "bridges" between UNO and other component architectures,
which IMHO is what you are looking for. But I am not sure if DCOP <-> UNO
bridge is worth programming.

BTW, yesterday I posted an annoucement of OOo KDE integration based on
KParts to kde-announce (but it did not appear there yet). You can have a
look at
  http://artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~kendy/cuckooo

> I'm not so familiar with all those KDE libs, but there should be something
> like kxmlrpc, a mapper which maps dcop calls to OO's Basic language.
>
> Is that in general technically possible?
>
> Just some thoughts,
> wr

Bye,
Kendy