List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KHexEdit widget in CVS...
From:       Reinhold Kainhofer <reinhold () kainhofer ! com>
Date:       2003-08-18 8:09:54

Stephan Kulow wrote:

> On Saturday 16 August 2003 09:24, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
>
>> I would need it in KDE CVS for the 3.2 release, since I need it in kpilot
>> for the generic database editor.
>>
>> For screenshots see http://reinhold.kainhofer.com/Linux/KPilot/pictures/
>> ( the KPilot_KHexEdit*.png files and KPilot_InternalEditorSync2.png )
> Your screenshots don't look like you would need the part. I don't feel
> really comfortable to put such a high level widget into kdelibs -
> especially since the khexedit application won't be using it most likely.

No, I don't need the part, I just need the widget (read-only as well as
editable). Now since three other developers said they'd also use it in
their application (George Staikos for kwalletmanager, Russel Miller in his
kbview, and one other developer), it would make sense to be in kdelibs.

Also, Friedrich said he wanted to write it in a way so that the khexedit can
also be changed easily to use the widget...

Reinhold