List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: envoirnment on Debian woody
From:       Alejandro Exojo <suy21 () lycos ! es>
Date:       2003-08-17 16:44:07

El Domingo, 17 de Agosto de 2003 17:06, Sunil Khiatani escribió:
> I'm a complete newbie to programming on linux, I've followed the qt
> installaion doc on setting up the envoirnment for compiling a simple qt
> program but g++ keeps spitting out errors at me.  I have the qt libraries

You must provide the errors.

> installed and set the enviornment as explained in the qt installation guide
> and run qmake -project, qmake then make, but I get a lot of undefined
> reference errors.  Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong and more
> importantly how to set it up so I can program and compile qt and kde
> applications?

Well, if you are doing a Qt only application, maybe qt-interest mailing list
is more accurate from here. Anyway, qt apps are the usual starting point to
kde apps, so it doesn't matter. I also suggest joining debian-kde mailing
list (low traffic, specially these days, and with people usually in your same
situation).

I'm using debian woody too as a plattform, and the most common mistake, is not
installing the development packages, and not setting the QTDIR environment
variable.

You don't say if your system runs KDE 3 or don't, but if yes, make sure
package "libqt3-mt-dev" is installed, and QTDIR is pointing to /usr/share/qt3

Best regards.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) - GPG ID 0xAA8D2A01
http://lacurva.net/ - Jabber ID: suy@es.tipic.com

the butane lighter causes the pincushioning