List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Fonts ARGH!!! Qt ARGH!! Trolls ARGH!!
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2003-08-09 18:08:30

Waldo Bastian wrote:

> On Saturday 09 August 2003 10:20, James Richard Tyrer wrote:

>>HELLO Trolls (the Qt kind of Trolls):
>

> Shouting doesn't help. To communicate with the Qt kind of Trolls about bugs in
> Qt you have to mail qt-bugs@trolltech.com
>
> Make sure you explain the problem fully ( they are unlikely to dig their way
> through several mailinglists threads).
>
> To improve responsiveness:
> * Provide an example of the incorrect behavior based on one of the Qt
> examples.
> * Include a proof-of-concept patch that solves the problem. Don't expect them
> to include that patch as-is but it will help focus their attention.

Note: I keep forgetting that humor doesn't always translate.

"ARGH!!" is from the Peanuts comic strip.  It is what Charlie Brown says
when things are a bit too much for him.

"HELLO" is an Americanism that doesn't translate too well.  Perhaps
something like: "what are/were you thinking (about this).

Yes, I sent them a bug report with four fonts as examples of what happens
-- an HTML made with the Qt rich text editor example program and the
PostScript file from printing it to a file.

Should I expect a reply to the bug report.

Then for proof of concept patch -- an experimental patch for Linux only.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how this could best be accomplished?

--
JRT