List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Font Problems
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2003-08-09 17:33:08

Daniel Engelschalt wrote:
> hi all,
>
> since i updated my qt-copy 2 weeks ago i have problems with fixed fonts in
> konsole. the font is changing on every start... please take a look at the
> attached screenshot (font config from konsole left, from kcontrol right).

First there is the possibility that if you are using FontConfig that it
isn't finding the bit mapped fonts.

As root, run:

	fc-cache -v --force  | grep misc

NOTE: expect this to take a while if you have a lot of fonts.

It should output something like:

	"/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc": caching, 52 fonts, 0 dirs

If the number of fonts ('52' in my case) is '0', that is your problem.

--
JRT