List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: checking for GTK and glib in configure.in.in ?
From:       Reinhold Kainhofer <reinhold () kainhofer ! com>
Date:       2003-08-06 8:23:21

Zack Rusin wrote:

> On Tuesday 05 August 2003 23:36, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>> "Why didn't you _JUST_ help him?"
>
> What are you talking about? How? Get to his place before he committed
> the code? Unfortunately I do not yet offer the "across the Atlantic"
> "get to the developer house and stop him from committing broken code"
> services, that's Zack version 2.0.

Argh, could you please stop this thread or move it to private mail. This
thread which has gone really nowhere in the last few days.

And to clear things up for everbody: I asked how to correctly detect
gtk/glib and enable compilation in that case. I had a preliminary version
in my configure.in.in, which worked here, but required the aclocall macros
offered by their devel packages. I knew that not everyboday has them, so I
asked here for help. And I if'ed them out in configure.in.in so they
wouldn't be used. I thought it was then save to commit, and try to resolve
the problem later of how to detect if these macros are available. What I
didn't know was that aclocal still tried to expand the macros, so my
assumption that it was save to commit was wrong, but I never thought that
might cause a problem.

Anyway, everything works now (thanks to Zack) and I don't take things
personally, anyway. So for me this thread is really closed. The rest of
this discussion now just turned into a flamewar between two or three
persons, so please don't drag this any further in the public.

Thanks,
Reinhold