List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: checking for GTK and glib in configure.in.in ?
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2003-08-04 19:48:50

Chris Howells wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Saturday 02 August 2003 19:40, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>
>>Yes, where I'm going is that your anti-GNOME hostility shouldn't be
>>directed towards GTK.
>

> Please don't continually try and create a martyr of yourself, whether it's
> accusing developers of being arrogant, or trying to invent anti-GNOME
> hostility. It's extremely tedious. I don't like adding people to my kill
> file...

It is foolish to say such things.  You need only read Zach's comments which are clearly
hostile and show a complete lack of understanding of what Reinhold said and what he was
trying to do.  This *is* the 'arrogant developer' syndrome and it does nothing which could
in any way be considered beneficial.

If you are saying that complaining about such arrogance is trying to be a martyr I am a
total loss to understand what you mean.  To be clear about this: I *am* saying that the
arrogance should stop because it does not contribute to improving the product.

--
JRT