List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: checking for GTK and glib in configure.in.in ?
From:       Reinhold Kainhofer <reinhold () kainhofer ! com>
Date:       2003-07-31 0:11:20

Zack Rusin wrote:

> On Wednesday 30 July 2003 18:09, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
>> 1.2, as jpilot was written with glib1.2 and gtk1.2.
>
> Fair enough, I fixed it in cvs.

thanks.

>> And as far as your "suck" problem with make -f Makefile.cvs goes: I
>> have no idea how you managed to get that problem. The version off
>> kdepim/kpilot/conduits/JPilotPluginProxy/configure.in.in that I
>> checked into cvs goes like
>> if /bin/false; then
>> fi
>> so these macros should never be called at all!
>
> Yes, not in the configure, but to generate the configure script
> something has to move over those macros and can't because they are
> undeclared on systems without Glib/GTK+. So the if...fi is pretty much
> useless if one of the macros is undeclared as our make -f Makefile.cvs
> (autoconf for those who care) will never be able to generate a
> configure from it.

Ah, didn't know that.
So, in order to be able to use the macros (which, in addition to calling
gtk/glib-config, also do some more checks if the library was installed
correctly), I would need something like
AC_IF_IS_DEFINED(AM_PATH_GTK, ....)

I guess, this doesn't exists, so I'll just go with your way of directly
calling gtk-config and glib-config.

Thanks,
Reinhold