List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How to make more sofisticated GUI Improvements?
From:       Henrique Pinto <stampede () coltec ! ufmg ! br>
Date:       2003-07-30 23:49:49

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

On Wednesday 30 July 2003 16:58, Wagner Sales wrote:
> I'm currently in a project qt/kde based with a lot of  sofisticaded gui
> improvements, like styles, animations, etc.

I'm not sure about what you meant by 'style'. If you want your app to use a
specific style, you may want to look at the documentation for
QApplication::setStyle(). If you want to create a style from scratch, you may
want to look at the QStyle documentation, as well as kde-look.org for (many)
code examples. If what you really meant weas skin support,  including custom
window shapes, you should probably take a look at noatun's code, in
kdemultimedia.

For animations, you may want to take a look at QMovie. I believe there are
examples of this in the Qt distribution, and some apps in kdeedu also use
animations, so you'd better take a look at these, too.

As I do not have any idea of what you mean by "sophisticated GUI
improvements", I suggest you to explicitly list your needs.

--
	Henrique Pinto
	stampede@coltec.ufmg.br