List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: are GUI elements like Dialogs in a kioslave possible in
From:       aegir () linuxfrench ! net
Date:       2003-07-29 13:08:55

> On Sunday 27 July 2003 18:13, Sebastian Trueg wrote:
>> Hy,
>>
>> I am currently working on a kioslave that is working on K3b projects and
>> have the problem that I need to popup some dialogs for user interaction.
>> Is
>> that possible or does the framework not allow this at all?
>> Now the slave crashes when I try to open a dialog box (I think because
>> of
>> the missing event queue...).
>
> See http://lists.kde.org/?t=105886647600002&r=1&w=2
>
> Different question but same issue.

I really think there is a limitation.

When I wanted to write a KIO for RDBMS, I wanted to prompt some info :

User :
Password :
RDBMS type :
Database :
TCP Port :

As far as I remember, there is a way to ask User/Password from a kio. Why
not providing a way to ask some other informations ?

BTW, the only solution I'd found is to generate an HTML form, and ask the
user to fill it in...