List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kfile's
From:       Ryan <rbean () lycoris ! com>
Date:       2003-07-24 11:58:58

>On a second thought, perhaps you are missing the -devel package for libfam
>Usually the .la files are in the associated -devel (or -dev) package of a
>library.

I understand the idea, but I'm a little new to UNIX.  I do have the
latest version, or so tells me clicknrun.  I 'locate'd lbfam and got:
/usr/doc/libfam0
/usr/lib/libfam.so.0
/usr/lib/libfam.so.0.0.0
/usr/share/doc/libfam0
/usr/share/doc/libfam0/changelog.Debian.gz
/usr/share/doc/libfam0/changelog.gz
/usr/share/doc/libfam0/copyright
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libfam0.list
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libfam0.md5sums
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libfam0.postinst
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libfam0.postrm
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libfam0.prerm
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libfam0.shlibs

So how do I unpackage libfam.la so my program can link?  Again, I know
this is not a KDE question, but if you have the time to help me with
this I would be most appreciative.  Thanx!!

--
Ryan Bean
Software Developer