List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: new KDE Development book
From:       Datschge <datschge () gmx ! de>
Date:       2003-07-22 7:48:30

On Monday 21 July 2003 10:08, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Monday 21 July 2003 09:37, Daniel Molkentin wrote:
> > My suggestion: Try to cover all significant points in the book. But don't
> > try to cover every little detail. That is doomed to fail. Instead set up
> > a Wiki on developers.kde.org. We can easily make that "our" MSDN.
>
> Do we really need a Wiki? We already have developers.kde.org, where all
> developers have write access to via CVS. My feeling is that it would be
> more productive to spend some work into maintaining this site instead of
> setting up yet another different system.

I'd suggest a middle course, ie. the ability to edit the source directly
through the web while still using CVS instead adding yet another system like
Wiki or Wikipedia. There is Mozilla's "doctor"
(http://lxr.mozilla.org/webtools/source/webtools/doctor/) which offers this
feature, and I personally would like to see something like that for all KDE
webpages, the respective "edit" links could be applied selectively where it's
adequate and wanted.

Cheers, Datschge =)
--
Wo die geistige Sonne tief steht, werfen auch Zwerge grosse Schatten.