List:       kde-devel
Subject:    learning about Makefiles
From:       Arnold Krille <kde () arnoldarts ! de>
Date:       2003-07-22 7:46:53

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi everybody,

since the last weeks I get the following warnings while compiling
kdemultimedia. I know its not a problem (since its only a warning) but in my
process to understand kde and its buildproccesses I just wanted to ask if
someone could explain to me what this warning means???

The relevant Makefile.ams are in kdemultimedia/arts/tools resp.
kdemm/arts/modules.

Thanks in advance,

Arnold

<quote excerpt>
compiling ../../kdemultimedia/arts/tools/main.cpp
compiling ../../kdemultimedia/arts/tools/levelmeters.cpp
linking ./arts/tools/artscontrol

*** Warning: Linking the executable arts/tools/artscontrol against the
loadable module
*** libartscontrolsupport.so is not portable!

*** Warning: Linking the executable arts/tools/artscontrol against the
loadable module
*** libartsmodules.so is not portable!

*** Warning: Linking the executable arts/tools/artscontrol against the
loadable module
*** libartsmoduleseffects.so is not portable!

*** Warning: Linking the executable arts/tools/artscontrol against the
loadable module
*** libartsgui_kde.so is not portable!

*** Warning: Linking the executable arts/tools/artscontrol against the
loadable module
*** libartsmodulesmixers.so is not portable!

*** Warning: Linking the executable arts/tools/artscontrol against the
loadable module
*** libartsmodulescommon.so is not portable!

*** Warning: Linking the executable arts/tools/artscontrol against the
loadable module
*** libartsgui_idl.so is not portable!

*** Warning: Linking the executable arts/tools/artscontrol against the
loadable module
*** libartsmodulessynth.so is not portable!

*** Warning: Linking the executable arts/tools/artscontrol against the
loadable module
*** libartsbuilder.so is not portable!

*** Warning: Linking the executable arts/tools/artscontrol against the
loadable module
*** libartsmidi_idl.so is not portable!
</quote>

--
Get my public-key from pgp.mit.edu or pgp.uni-mainz.de