List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: new KDE Development book
From:       Ralf Nolden <nolden () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-07-21 6:14:43

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sonntag, 20. Juli 2003 14:56, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> Holger Schroeder wrote:
> > it would be cool, if this book would evolve to something like _the book_
> > for everything kde.

That's the idea :) History, implementation, concepts, detailed description,
reference guide. Something like MSDN for KDE :)

> One chapter should certainly deal with kitchensync and KDE's syncronization
> framework. Cornelius would probably be the best choice to write such a
> chapter, but there are several others who have the knowledge to tackle that
> part.

Yes please.

Now, enough talk. Should we get going with a separate CVS module or should we
start in kdenonbeta first ?  (where I don't have a good feeling that too many
people would put their stuff there :) so a kde-books (because the contents
will span more than one book I guess :-) module is probably the best way to
go. Any volunteers for generating the automake framework and putting it in
CVS ? BTW this would also have the advantage that we could make exercise
programs *inside* this module and one can compile the book together with the
exercises :))

Ralf

> Reinhold

> >> unsubscribe <<