List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Release: Music Manager Konqueror Plugin
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () sci ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2003-07-10 14:54:32

Hi Avi,

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003, Avi wrote:
> Helio, I'm using kfile_mp3 and kfile_ogg.
> The first one is more important to me, and it is lacking many things I
> want.
> kfile_mp3 is using some simple "mp3info" library, which is incomplete. IT
> would be good to see it ported to id3lib.

kfile_ogg in HEAD has some id3lib stuff I put in there. I suppose I could
add them to the mp3 plugin as well. It's somewhere low on my priority
list, also because it adds an optional dependency on id3lib there, and I
don't know whether that's desired.

> I don't know Juk. Where can I find it?

Juk is a music jukebox application, kind of like noatun. It uses the kfile
plugins to read information from the music files, and stores them in its
playlists. It may also have a smart taggerfeature, where it derives
information not stored in the music file (say you have an mp3 with no id3
tags) from the filename. It's not directly relevant here, I don't think.

--
 Adriaan de Groot    adridg@cs.kun.nl     Kamer A6020     024-3652272
GPG Key Fingerprint 934E 31AA 80A7 723F 54F9  50ED 76AC EE01 FEA2 A3FE