List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Problem building KDEMultimedia
From:       Vladimir Lazarenko <vlad () lazarenko ! net>
Date:       2003-07-08 10:23:50

On Tuesday 08 July 2003 07:15, Matt Rogers wrote:
> On Monday 07 July 2003 11:46 pm, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> > Benjamin Meyer wrote:

> > > `/home/CVS/kde3.main/kdemultimedia/kaudiocreator'
> > > [snip]

> > > [snip]
> > >
> > > cdconfigimp.* doesn't even exist in CVS (HEAD) anymore for the last few
> > > months.  Update your cvs.
> > >
> > > - -Benjamin Meyer
> >
> > And today's 'Arogrant Developer" Award goes to: Benjamin Meyer. :-)
> >
> > Who said anything about HEAD or CVS?  I didn't.
>
> No, but you didn't specify that you were building KDE_3_1_BRANCH either.
>
> > The issue is a Kernel 2.4.21 header file issue.
> >
> > --
> > JRT
>
> And today's "Arrogant User" Award goes to: James Richard Tyrer :-)
>
> Actually, the issue would be that you messed up your install of glibc
> because you made /usr/include/asm a symlink to /usr/src/linux/include/asm
> which is wrong. But I won't get into that. I also know of no other way to
> fix this other than recompiling your whole system. I don't think
> recompiling glibc with the new headers will do much good. :(

There was a fix for that, i'm doing it myself every time I update cvs.
In every file which fails, add after the line
#include <linux/version.h>

this:

#if LINUX_VERSION_CODE >= KERNEL_VERSION(2,4,20)
typedef unsigned long long __u64;
#endif

And it will compile flawless.

More to say. Many, ultimately many things require those headers to be linked
on your current kernel, so this should be done..

Matt, try to compile lm_sensors with glibc headers. ;-) or i2c (3rd party one)
;-)

--
Best regards,
Vladimir Lazarenko