List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Problem building KDEMultimedia
From:       Matt Rogers <matt () matt ! rogers ! name>
Date:       2003-07-08 5:15:40

On Monday 07 July 2003 11:46 pm, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> >
> > On Monday 07 July 2003 7:12 pm, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> >>Using: Linux 2.4.21 Kernel built from source GCC-3.3 built from source.
> >>
> >>I get an error here:
> >>
> >>  make[3]: Entering directory
> >
> > `/home/CVS/kde3.main/kdemultimedia/kaudiocreator'
> > [snip]
> >
> >>then mv ".deps/cdconfigimp.Tpo" ".deps/cdconfigimp.Po"; \
> >>else rm -f ".deps/cdconfigimp.Tpo"; exit 1; \
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> > cdconfigimp.* doesn't even exist in CVS (HEAD) anymore for the last few
> > months.  Update your cvs.
> >
> > - -Benjamin Meyer
>
> And today's 'Arogrant Developer" Award goes to: Benjamin Meyer. :-)
>
> Who said anything about HEAD or CVS?  I didn't.

No, but you didn't specify that you were building KDE_3_1_BRANCH either.

> The issue is a Kernel 2.4.21 header file issue.
>
> --
> JRT

And today's "Arrogant User" Award goes to: James Richard Tyrer :-)

Actually, the issue would be that you messed up your install of glibc because
you made /usr/include/asm a symlink to /usr/src/linux/include/asm which is
wrong. But I won't get into that. I also know of no other way to fix this
other than recompiling your whole system. I don't think recompiling glibc
with the new headers will do much good. :(

Matt

p.s. not trying to flame, just poke a little fun. :)