List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdebase <HEAD> won't compile...
From:       Andy Fawcett <andy () athame ! co ! uk>
Date:       2003-06-25 6:56:41

At 09:34 25/06/2003, you wrote:
>On Tuesday 24 June 2003 22:48, Whitehawk Stormchaser wrote:
> > ./configure: line 45920: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `''
> > ./configure: line 45947: syntax error: unexpected end of file
>
>Well, does looking at these lines give you any hint?

At least on my system, those lines are the warnings at the end of the
configure script which say things like "you don't have paranoia installed"
(paraphrased).

/mnt/src/cvs/head/kdebase/configure: line 45942: unexpected EOF while
looking for matching `''
/mnt/src/cvs/head/kdebase/configure: line 45969: syntax error: unexpected
end of file

[tap@vimes tap]$ head -n 45950 /mnt/src/cvs/head/kdebase/configure | tail
-n 10
   echo "compiling from source."
   echo ""
   all_tests=bad
fi

if test "$lame_wrong_version" = yes; then
   echo ""
   echo "You have liblame, but it's of a wrong version.  KDE needs at least"
   echo "version 3.89 (alpha or beta)."
   echo "Have a look at http://www.mp3dev.org/ ."

The generated configure script can be found at:

http://athame.ath.cx/kdebase-configure.txt

Regards,

Andy

--