List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Enhancing lan:/ and rlan:/
From:       Tim Jansen <ml () tjansen ! de>
Date:       2003-06-22 11:52:15

On Sunday 22 June 2003 09:55, Michael Olbrich wrote:
> Well, zou could always write a service agent announcing the file shares
> found by lisa. The clients would only need to understand one protocol.

Yes, nice idea.

> Btw, is there already some code to look at?

Yes, but I don't have a web site yet. If anybody is interested, just write me
a mail and I send a tarball.
The implementation of RFC 2608 is done, and a OpenSLP-compatible API is
finished (you can use it as drop-in replacement). So there's quite a lot of
code to look at, 16k LOC. But I didn't even start the module for file
sharing, first I need to finish the KDE API and implement various SLP
extensions.

bye...