List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Integrating BitTorrent
From:       David Bishop <tech () bishop ! dhs ! org>
Date:       2003-05-28 14:19:37

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

[Meta: sorry for the previous one, I'm obviously just trying out the new
Aegypten stuff, and had it misconfigured]

On Wednesday 28 May 2003 08:08 am, Petter E. Stokke wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-05-28 at 07:07, David Findlay wrote:
> I've also been thinking for a while about writing a Qt/KDE based
> BitTorrent backend for implementing an application like this. I don't
> really feel comfortable with the idea of trying to interface with Python
> code in an application as complex as this would have to be.

It seems to me this would be a perfect match for the PyQT/KDE bindings.  Then
you wouldn't be "interfacing" with Python, you'd be *in* Python...

> I guess what I'm saying is that I'd really like to write something like
> this, and wonder about what sorts of ideas people have about what the
> ideal BitTorrent application would be like.

I agree with pretty much everything you said above.  If you use ed2k/mldonkey,
then something along the lines of kmldonkey for bt would be about right.

--
"Sorry about the whole 'bomb' thing" - Bruce Rollins
D.A.Bishop