List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Creating a kioslave using an HTTP gateway
From:       Benja Fallenstein <b.fallenstein () gmx ! de>
Date:       2003-05-15 21:09:16

Hi all,

I would like to create a kioslave to resolve URIs of the following kinds--

urn:x-storm:1.0:text/plain,hfgacotmayomlxtlfsw7fqxwvp4l2zei.muxjml6faz5qdmhgpfq25p2f66sidpgmbe6ufwi

urn:x-storm:pointer-0.1:sep34hb5jkkzu6dqhzpt4ivymr4nzwg7:uxnnyhkib5ug673fef4b64miyowrnwr2

I have a gateway that can resolve these using HTTP, so my kioslave would
simply need to contact something like--

http://localhost:5555/urn:x-storm:etc

to download the data. I would also like to be able to use either HTTP
PUT or HTTP POST to upload the data when a user hits 'Save' in a KDE app.

(I have an experimental storage system which I would like to integrate
with KDE, to use as a replacement of the usual file system.)

Unfortunately, I know little C++ and no KDE/QT internals. Is it possible
to do the above relatively painlessly? What would be a good way to start?

Thank you!
- Benja