List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: ui.rc file location
From:       Fred <fmalabre () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2003-04-30 0:11:43

I just read the whole thread now.
I agree with Sarang. It doesn't make sense to have to install the ui.rc when
you are developing your application.

I think you should be able to work on a development version without afecting
the production version.
I understand there are ways to do that with modifying the use profile, but it
still doesn't make sense to me to have 2 different profiles depending of what
version of the application you want to run - as they are 2 completly
different binaries.

A good solution I can think about now would be to search for the ui.rc in the
working directory first, and is not found search in the standard KDE
directory (as it does today).
I don't see any bad impact of doing that, and that would solve this problem.

What I'm doing now is to put the full path of my ui.rc file in the code when I
develop, and I'm not very happy with this solution.

Fred.