List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: ui.rc file location
From:       Sarang Lakare <sarang () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2003-04-29 18:48:33

After reading all your answers, I gather that installing the software is the
only way to "run" the software and get your menu enteries right. Am I the
only one who feels this is wrong? If I add new menu entries in my code, they
are not seen until I make entries in the ui.rc file.. And I cannot see the
menu entries untill I install the application!!

So the development cycle becomes:
- Write code
- Modify ui.rc
- Install your application
- Run

To me it is quite clear that the 3rd step should not be part of development
cycle. And this does not play well with KDevelop atall.

And I just foundout that on Mandrake 9.0/KDE 3.0, the ui.rc from the current
directory is indeed used. So why was this behavior changed?

Sarang