List:       kde-devel
Subject:    [solved] Re: How to get at metadata from a kio slave started via
From:       Marc Mutz <Marc.Mutz () uni-bielefeld ! de>
Date:       2003-04-26 18:09:26

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 10 April 2003 23:09, Marc Mutz wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Well, $subject says it all. I've made the slave set the server
> capabilities as metadata while logging in. The question now is: How
> do I make the application access that metadata?
<snip>

FTR: You can just connect the metaData signal of the returned slave to
your slot and it works. getConnectedSlave() does itself some connect()s
before returning the slave.

Seems like starting the slave is delayed until control returns to the
event loop (or at least data sent from the slave is only received by
the app when it enters the event loop again.

Marc

--
Silent leges inter arma      -- Cicero