List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Styles and CO (was: (offtopic) My mom is a born hacker)
From:       David Johnson <david () usermode ! org>
Date:       2003-04-23 1:28:37

On Tuesday 22 April 2003 02:20 am, Gerold J. Wucherpfennig wrote:

> > But some distros don't
>
> But why do others change it? Are they just bored and don't know what
> to do with their spare time ;-)

As near as I can tell, it's one of three reasons. 1) They think they
know "better" than KDE, 2) They wish to distinguish themselves from
other distros, and 3) They wish to somehow "autoupdate" the menu when
new items are added. The last is perfectly reasonable, but I have seen
more than one instance of the former two.

> > and still
> > others don't even use Linux to begin with.
>
> Many don't use Linux at all, but why?

Because I prefer FreeBSD. Don't ask me why, because that would take an
essay length response, and it would only apply for me. Linux is not the
only UNIX or Unix-like system that KDE runs on, it's merely the most
popular.

--
David Johnson