List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Desperately need help with Mozilla/KDE plugin
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-04-03 17:51:58

On Thursday 03 April 2003 19:36, John Lange wrote:
> The code to launch the application is very straight forward:
>
>     sprintf(target, "/tmp/test.txt");
>     KURL url(target);
>     ( void ) new KRun( url );
>
> Works fine in the stand-alone application but when I put that code into
> a mozilla plugin it causes mozilla to segfault.

KRun needs a K/QApplication in order to work, I don't think that's something
you want to do in a plugin.

The following is slightly slower but much easier since you don't need to link
against any KDE code:

system("kfmclient exec /tmp/test.txt");

Make sure you properly quote/escape the filename so that you don't run into
problems if the file happens to be named rm -rf ~

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian@kde.org -=|[ SuSE, The Linux Desktop Experts ]|=- bastian@suse.com