List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Using createGUI
From:       Rob Walker <rob () tenfoot ! org ! uk>
Date:       2003-04-02 9:10:10

On Tuesday 01 April 2003 18:02, Arnold Krille wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 April 2003 18:18, Andras Mantia wrote:

> > > Just set the absolute path to the file you want to load while
> > > developing.
> >
> > Or copy it to the local place ($KDEHOME/share/apps/appname).
>
> Or male a symlink inside $KDEHOME/share/apps/<your_app> pointing to you
> rc.file...
>
> Arnold

The method I use is to install the app to a temporary directroy eg
$HOME/tmp/foo (configure with --prefix=$HOME/tmp/foo and then "make
install").  I then add the directory to KDEDIRS with
"export KDEDIRS=$KDEDIRS:$HOME/tmp/foo"
and run the app with "$HOME/tmp/foo/bin/foo".
KDE looks for the ui file in all the directories in KDEDIRS as well as KDEDIR.

Rob

--
Rob Walker <rob@tenfoot.org.uk>
http://www.tenfoot.org.uk