List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Learn Programming
From:       Alex <suy21 () lycos ! es>
Date:       2003-03-15 19:30:51

El Sábado 15 Marzo 2003 19:31, Roberto Mason escribió:
> I'm looking to learn programming in KDE environment. I have KDE 3.0
> installed on my Home server. Looking through the internet, I saw that
> all the books are KDE 2.x. I would like to use the 3.x environment, so
> my question is, can I still use a book designed for 2.x to learn
> programming for version 3 or should I install KDE 2 on my system?

> The book I'm looking to buy is an introductory level book.. KDE
> Application Development

I'm using the book you mentioned to learn kde programming (well, the spanish
translation, really). Yo can find it printed and online. AFAIK, some things
are now different, but the main idea is similar. The only thing that I found
different (yet), is the use of KMainWindow instead of KTMainWindow.

A good idea is read the Antonio Larrosa's tutorial:
http://developer.kde.org/~larrosa/tutorial/index.html

But I'm just a begginer in kde programming, so maybe there are other places to
look at, but at the moment I don't know they exist :-).
--
Alex (a.k.a. suy)  -  GPG ID: AA8D2A01
http://lacurva.net/