List:       kde-devel
Subject:    A very long time for kdm startup
From:       Pavel Troller <patrol () sinus ! cz>
Date:       2003-03-09 6:11:11

Hi!
  I would like to ask whether it's normal that kdm starts up for about 15
seconds on a dual Athlon 1600+ with 512 M RAM. It is not just for the first
time during machine boot, but everytime when a user logs out. The hourglass
is rotating on the basic X pattern for all the time. KDE as a whole is
fast enough but this seems to be really slow.
  On a slower system it can take 30 seconds before it shows up. I can't
imagine why it is so slow. Or is there a problem with my setup somewhere ?
Talking about 3.1 branch.

                                             With regards, Pavel Troller