List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: uic crashes
From:       Matt Rogers <matt () matt ! rogers ! name>
Date:       2003-03-06 3:13:08

On Wednesday 05 March 2003 09:04 pm, Jason Keirstead wrote:
> On March 5, 2003 10:15 pm, Ravikiran Rajagopal wrote:
> > Hello,
> >   The uic keeps crashing on most ui files after producing the cpp file.
> > This is from CVS from about 3 hours ago. I searched the archives for a
> > solution and the only description of this problem (without any solution)
> > is in: http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-devel&m=104272574516883&w=2
> > I did not have this problem earlier (last compiled qt-copy & kdelibs
> > sunday without problems). I vaguely recall some stuff about designer's
> > implementation being unable to dlopen() libraries twice due to a bug in
> > glibc but could not find the relevant message in the archives. To make
> > uic work, I needed to remove libcppeditor.so and libwizards.so from
> > $QTDIR/plugins/designer. Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> I have been having an insane amount of crashes with designer and uic
> lately as well.

I've read in a Gentoo forum that Designer segfaulting on start can be worked
around by removing your .qt directory from $HOME. Not a good work around.
There was also a patch from Dan Armak that fixed this, but i haven't tried it
since i haven't felt like compiling QT. I don't have the uic problem though

--
The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the
friendship I share with my collection of singing penguins.