List:       kde-devel
Subject:    jasper debian packages hosting
From:       Asier Llano Palacios <asierllano () infonegocio ! com>
Date:       2003-02-25 22:59:15

Hi,

I've debianized jasper (the library that KDE 3.2 needs for JPEG2000
images). Now that I have the debian packages I have read that they
cannot be included in debian (for further reading about this topic
http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2002/debian-legal-200211/msg00030.html).

Although it will not be included in debian, some people suggested me
to talk with the KDE people to include it in ftp.kde.org, to allow
the debian users see jpeg2000 images with the upcoming KDE 3.2.

I want to know if they could be included in ftp.kde.org and if so,
what should I have to do.

(Please CC me because I am not subscribed to this list)

Asier Llano