List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Compiling quanta QUANTA_3_1_BRANCH
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () easystreet ! com>
Date:       2003-02-25 22:33:54

On Tuesday 25 February 2003 9:34 am, Erik K. Pedersen wrote:
> I just compiled everything (including koffice) in the branch, it all worked
> except quanta which ended like this
>
> quanta.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN19DCOPWindowManagerIfD0Ev+0xf): undefined
> reference to `vtable for DCOPWindowManagerIf'
> quanta.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN19DCOPWindowManagerIfD0Ev+0x16): undefined
> reference to `vtable for DCOPWindowManagerIf'
> quanta.o(.gnu.linkonce.d._ZTI9QuantaApp+0x18): undefined reference to
> `typeinfo for DCOPWindowManagerIf'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[3]: *** [quanta] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/erik/compile/quanta/quanta'
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/erik/compile/quanta/quanta'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/erik/compile/quanta'
> make: *** [all] Error 2

Andras must have just backported this from HEAD (which funs fine with KDE 3.1
at this time). I'll let him know. I don't know what exactly his intent for
backporting was. dcopwindowmanagerif.h is not in the 3.1 branch from HEAD. I
can try backporting it and compiling to see if we are okay. One of us should
commit a fix soon.

You can also post such build problems to our user or devel list and we usually
see it quicker. The user list is in my signature line.

Cheers,
--
Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader
http://quanta.sourceforge.net  sequitur@kde.org