List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: weird screensaver bug
From:       Arash Zeini <a.zeini () farsikde ! org>
Date:       2003-02-02 13:56:36

Hi,

On Sunday 02 February 2003 15:17, Pieter Breed wrote:

PB > Hi
PB >
PB > I have the new KDE3.1 installed.  I have a weird bug (as in I don't
 understand PB > when the bug is triggered, but I do understant what it is)
 that concerns the PB > KDE screesaver module.  The screensaver is the new
 KEuphoria.  It is set to PB > initialise after 5 minutes.  What happens is
 that sometimes KDE goes into PB > screensaver mode (as in:  when you move
 the mouse the screen goes grey and PB > the screensaver swaps out and the
 desktop in) but it does not display the PB > screensaver and sometimes it
 works like it must.
PB >
PB > I am posting because because I would like to know if someone else can
PB > reproduce this.  I /think/ it has something to do with leaving konsole
PB > maximised and in the forefront.  If this is the case then I /think/ the
PB > screensaver bug is effected.

I seem to have a similar problem, but I can not detect any relationship to
Konsole.
In my case it is the following: I can see the preview of some screensavers in
the small screen but not of all of them. This applies to the ones with and
without GL. For some of the GL ones I can see the preview, but if I choose
the screensaver, it doesn't work properly and I get just a static snapshot of
a moving screensaver that changes every few seconds; for example Euphoria
(GL) works.
The Test button doesn't work for any of them, but if I move the mouse for
example the screen jumps as if a "non-visible" screensaver had been on.

I am on a Debian with KDE 3.1 release and an NVIDIA graphics card.

Can anybody confirm this?

Arash
--
The FarsiKDE Project