List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: ACL's and konq
From:       "Manuel Amador (Rudd-O)" <amadorm () usm ! edu ! ec>
Date:       2003-01-31 18:36:21

>Adding another tab page would be counter-intuitive.

yes.

> I've been mulling this
>over and the best way I could think of so far is to add a ACL button to the
>perms page and then have a seperate dialog that is sorta like the NT/2k/XP
>permissions dialog. This button would be completely hidden in the case where
>the FS on the system didn't support ACLs. Thus elimnating clutter and keeping
>the UI still usable.

I suggest reengineering the permissions tab to be titled "security" and
work like the security tab in windows 2000.  IF there is support for
ACLs, more than one user/group can be added to the list, if there isn't,
only one user can be added.  That way the listbox should say (with
little icon heads and group icons):
Owner: Manuel Amador (amadorm)
(Take ownership) <- button

Permissions:
G  webmasters:  read only (primary group)
U  Juan Perez (jperez): read/write
   World: none

Permissions for items created in this folder:
G webmasters: read/write (primary group)
U  Juan perez (jperez): read only