List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Three different tab implementations
From:       Douglas Hanley <douglash () caltech ! edu>
Date:       2003-01-31 12:49:05

On Thursday 30 January 2003 04:14 pm, Rob Kaper wrote:
> There are currently three different tab implementations in KDE: Konqueror,
> Konsole and Kopete each have their own framework for tabs, with different
> keybinding shortcuts and different behavior.
>
> Is anyone considering to merge all this into a single tabbing framework to
> be reused in applications? If people can't handle SDI, fine, but that's no
> reason for code duplication.
>
> Rob

(this thread actually started on kde-core-devel, but I'm not on that so this
seems like a good place to go, sorry for posting over)

Hi,

I know I mailed here about a tab rewrite (for konqueror) a while back, and
nothing really materialized.  But this time, I really think that my current
version works quite acceptably.  Its about as good as the current
implementation we have and isn't based on QTabWidget, so there's much room
for improvement which can be done quite easily.  And even though this is for
konqueror, it could pretty easily be made into an independent widget.  I
figure if you want to see it in action, you can just see it in konqueror for
now.  If you want, I'd even be willing to start making this its own widget,
you just have to point me in the right direction i guess.  I don't have as
much time now with school, but I'm fairly sure I can work around that.

Get it at my website:

http://131.215.82.160/

-- Doug