List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Amount of KDE Developers?
From:       "Timo A. Hummel" <timo () timohummel ! com>
Date:       2003-01-30 13:04:26

Hi,

the german magazine Stern will probably write an article about KDE in
the near future, and I've been asked by them how many developers we
currently got.

I estimated about 1.000 developers, translators and graphic artists
which are actively developing stuff on cvs.kde.org (like kdelibs,
kdebase, kdeutils etc etc) and estimated 10.000 developers which are
independantly contributing kde applications. These numbers might be too
high or too low, does anybody know how many there are (estimated)? Of
course, we'll never get accurate numbers, but they only need to be
guessed.

Thanks for your help :)
Timo