List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Generating PDF's in kword: font problems
From:       Matthias Posseldt <matthi () gmx ! li>
Date:       2003-01-27 20:57:15

On Monday 27 January 2003 11:31, Unai Garro wrote:
[TrueType Fonts embedded into PostScript look ugly because they are
embedded as Bitmap (Type3) fonts]

> So far I can oly think of two solutions:
>
> 1) Add a printer menu: "Convert all fonts to Type1", with a list of
> fonts that more or less accurately replace those fonts.
>
> 2) Indicate in the font selection combo if the fonts are ttf or type1
> (or whatever else)

Did you try to check "Enable Font Embedding" in the printers tab of
"qtconfig"? You can add Font Paths to search embeddable TTFs there. And
did you add the TTF directory to Ghostscript's Fontmap file?

Ciao, Matthias

--
"If liberty means anything at all,
it means the right to tell people