List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Ui enhancements
From:       Laur Ivan <laur.ivan () corvil ! com>
Date:       2003-01-27 10:51:08

On Sat, 2003-01-25 at 16:58, Christian Parpart wrote:

> Damn, why not just adding this feature as to be configurable. I do believe I
> am not the only one wanting this to be official in kde (so that they don't
> need to patch their sources every and every update again).
>
> Although, while fully agree on the usability site, that having less
> configuation switches is easier, but do we really wanna create a second ms
> windows? probably GNU/Windows? This even lets the user need to configure
> almost nothing. -- just because of usability, to really let the stupidest guy
> rock the desktop (without knowing anything), are we really so deep down to
> produce a fully fledged KDE (just, just without that configurablility the
> power user/coder wants / or even needs to?)....
>
> Well, I'd propose to check this in, add a switch at "Desktop / Appereance" and
> let it be disabled by default. This would let the chance to both groups (I
> mentioned). the one who wnats it, and the other one who even do know know
> what they're doing.

Thanks, but I still have to add the "inverse video" feature for bg.
hopefully I'll be done with it in the next couple of days.. :). As for
putting it in kde, is a bit late for 3.1 (with all the code/feat
freezes). So I'm hoping for 3.1.1, If I can get some input on how people
would feel the selected (click+drag) item should look like..

> Thanks for reading,
> Christian Parpart.

Laur Ivan                                       Tel  : +353-1-6674336
Software Design Engineer                        eMail:
laur.ivan@corvil.com
Corvil Ltd.