List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Generating PDF's in kword: font problems
From:       Unai Garro <Unai.Garro () ee ! ed ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2003-01-27 10:31:41

Yes, I tried them, but as I said, the fonts are embedded in bitmap format
(Type 3) anyway, so the quality is not really good. I tried to increase
the resolution of the fonts to 2400dpi and this improves a bit the result,
but the difference with Type1 fonts is immense.

As far as you don't use ttf fonts there's no problem. You can easily use
fonts such as "Times" (Type1), but not "Times New Roman" or "Verdana" or
"Arial",... etc which are ttf.

So far I can oly think of two solutions:

1) Add a printer menu: "Convert all fonts to Type1", with a list of fonts
that more or less accurately replace those fonts.

2) Indicate in the font selection combo if the fonts are ttf or type1 (or
whatever else)