List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Ui enhancements
From:       Laur Ivan <laur.ivan () corvil ! com>
Date:       2003-01-27 9:38:23

Hi all,

On Sun, 2003-01-26 at 14:03, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Sunday 26 January 2003 11:05, Greg Day wrote:
>
> > Then we have the issue of "option bloat," which is already a problem in
> > KDE. Should we have user-configurable shadow alpha level and shadow offset
> > angle?
>
> I think it's the task of KDE developers to create a properly functioning
> desktop, not the task of the user, so: Use a shadow alpha level and shadow
> offset angle that works and don't bother the user with it.
>
> Other than that, when it works properly I would suggest to let this feature
> replace the current "Use solid background behind text" feature.

First, thank you for the feedback. I'll be back coding it today and
hopefully I'll have a proper shadow working later on taking note of the
text's color.

I agree with the bloating of the configuration panels. I also think that
is not such a good ideea to let the user customise the appearance too
much, since I see this option as a "one off" (probably included in a
theme or something (i.e. hidden) rather than totally configurable by a
dialog box)

Now I'd appreciate some input on how you see the "selected" effect to
be, as I'd like to offer them as package. Try select a desktop icon
(click/drag) and you'll see what I mean.

Thanks again,

Laur

--
Laur Ivan                                       Tel  : +353-1-6674336
Software Design Engineer                        eMail: