Hi all, On Sun, 2003-01-26 at 14:03, Waldo Bastian wrote: > On Sunday 26 January 2003 11:05, Greg Day wrote: > > > Then we have the issue of "option bloat," which is already a problem in > > KDE. Should we have user-configurable shadow alpha level and shadow offset > > angle? > > I think it's the task of KDE developers to create a properly functioning > desktop, not the task of the user, so: Use a shadow alpha level and shadow > offset angle that works and don't bother the user with it. > > Other than that, when it works properly I would suggest to let this feature > replace the current "Use solid background behind text" feature. > First, thank you for the feedback. I'll be back coding it today and hopefully I'll have a proper shadow working later on taking note of the text's color. I agree with the bloating of the configuration panels. I also think that is not such a good ideea to let the user customise the appearance too much, since I see this option as a "one off" (probably included in a theme or something (i.e. hidden) rather than totally configurable by a dialog box) Now I'd appreciate some input on how you see the "selected" effect to be, as I'd like to offer them as package. Try select a desktop icon (click/drag) and you'll see what I mean. Thanks again, Laur -- Laur Ivan Tel : +353-1-6674336 Software Design Engineer eMail: laur.ivan@corvil.com Corvil Ltd. >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<