List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Generating PDF's in kword: font problems
From:       Unai Garro <Unai.Garro () ee ! ed ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2003-01-25 22:16:26

I'm having problems with kword to print fonts properly into PDF/PS files.
I'm using current cvs HEAD, but I guess this should apply to earlier
versions as well.

The problem refers to printing add-on ttf fonts, such as (for example)
webfonts.

First of all, I added the fonts to the XFree config file, so they're
displayed properly. But the problem comes when trying to generate a pdf
file. I have found two options so far:

1) disable the font embedding in the system printing options, so I get these fonts \
replaced by others. They look ok, but they're not the ones I want.

2) enable embedding the fonts, which leads to have really weird fonts in
the pdf(really bad quality).

Has anyone had this problem before? Any way to solve it?

Thanks

	Unai