List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: nonbeta
From:       Kevin Puetz <puetzk () iastate ! edu>
Date:       2002-12-17 5:33:29

Benjamin Meyer wrote:

> What would be the procedure to remove empty directories?  Contact that
> original author and then once permision is gained get someone with admin
> privs to remove it?  Maybe we should add that to the README file to
> contact the admin when you are done with a dir to try to keep it clean in
> the future?

use -P (prune) when checking out kde modules. Otherwise, these aren't the
only empty dirs you'll find... one of cvs's limitations is that it can't
remove dirs without losing the history for the files they once contained.
-P is kind of a workaround for this.

Hopefully someday we will have subversion or something to eliminate this CVS
shortcoming.