List:       kde-devel
Subject:    nonbeta
From:       Benjamin Meyer <ben () meyerhome ! net>
Date:       2002-12-17 1:23:04

Just curius, but who is in charge of nonbeta?  There has been a lot of stuff
that has been moved from nonbeta (kjezz, kbattleship, kpercentage, kimage,
kparts,  pfs, kml, zoned_clock just to name a few off the top of my head)
that it looks like developers manually copied the files into the respective
stable kde cvs trees and then added them there after removing them from
nonbeta, thus leaving nonbeta with a lot of skeliton trees with no files.  I
know that nonbeta is a no mans ground, but developers can't remove
directories when they are done with them and the main directory is just
filled with empty directories.

I bring this up because I was going to start working on my network setup
module and was going to put it in nonbeta and was amazed at the amount of
work going on until I relized that it was not work, but mostly left over
directories.

What would be the procedure to remove empty directories?  Contact that
original author and then once permision is gained get someone with admin
privs to remove it?  Maybe we should add that to the README file to contact
the admin when you are done with a dir to try to keep it clean in the future?

-Benjamin Meyer