List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqueror tabbed browsing enhancement
From:       Manuel Amador <amadorm () usm ! edu ! ec>
Date:       2002-12-11 14:02:16

El mié, 11-12-2002 a las 08:02, younker escribió:
> I agree the second idea, for if there only one page, and I want to open
> another page in a new tab, the whole html page will move down for the
> tab appears on the top of html page. it is annoy.
there are two rationales against making the tab strip always visible:
1. Screen estate is valuable.  When there is only one tab open, it
wastes a lot of space.
2. The flickering when moving the HTML view down should be treated as a
bug and solved, instead of redesigning the UI around the bug so it
doesn't get noticed.

It may be provided as an option, but the default should stay that the
tab strip isn't shown when the user is only viewing one page.